The qualificationIf you're already a deputy manager or manager in a childcare setting and are looking to either further your knowledge and skills or gain a nationally recognised qualification to confirm your competence in the childcare sector this is the course for you!
This course is the only specialist Level 5 designed especially for senior early years practitioners. It will allow forward thinking settings to invest in future leaders and develop best practice in leadership and childcare. It comprises both theoretical and practical input.
It will take 21 months to complete the Diploma on a part-time basis. You'll attend monthly study groups at a local training centre and will be given assignments to complete and have observations in your workplace. There is no Government funding available to help with the cost of this course but learners can study for it alongside the funded Level 5 Diploma in Management for a special rate - ask us for details.
An Apprentice is expected to spend 20% of their working hours completing off the job training.
The course is delivered by highly experienced tutors with extensive management experience in the industry and covers:
- Developing your understanding of key leadership and management concepts
- Extending and enhancing your skills in communication, child development, developmental theory and safeguarding
- Using and developing systems that promote communication
- Promoting professional development
- Championing equality, diversity and inclusion
- Developing health & safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in either sector
- Working in partnership.
Work & assessment
You'll have access to our bespoke Online Training Academy for all of your course resources and to submit your work. Assessment is by workplace observations, practical tasks at work, answering questions and assignment writing.
Learners studying for this course should already hold a Level 3 Childcare or above, and Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English.