For those who manage and aggregate data and conduct a range of analytical studies on data , the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship will give you new skills and knowledge, prove your competence and enhance your career in this vital business area.
It is ideal for Data Analysts, Data Managers, Data Scientists, Data Modellers, Data Architects and Data Engineers who are looking for a professional qualification to enhance their career.
This is an interactive and practical course which will take 24 months to complete on a part-time basis. It combines data analysis skills with programming techniques.
Government funding is available for those who are employed more than 30 hours a week and have lived in the UK or European Union in the past three years. To receive this funding you'll also study for functional skills in English and maths.
An Apprentice is expected to spend 20% of their working hours completing off the job training.
- The data life cycle
- Different types of data, including open and public data, administrative data, and research data
- The fundamentals of data structures, database system design, implementation and maintenance
- Collecting and migrating data to and from a range of internal and external systems
- Manipulating and linking different data sets
- Interpreting and applying organisation's data and information security standards to data management activities
- Collecting and compiling data from different sources
- Performing database queries across multiple tables to extract data for analysis
- Performing routine statistical analyses
- Using a range of analytical techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Assisting with the production of performance dashboards and reports
- Applying the tools and techniques for data analysis, data visualisation and presentation
- Summarising and presenting the results of data analysis to stakeholders and making recommendations
- Understanding the range of data protection and legal issues
- The importance of the domain context for data analytics
- The quality issues that can arise with data and how to avoid and/or resolve these
- The importance of clearly defining customer requirements for data analysis
- The processes and tools used for data integration
- How to use and apply industry standard tools and methods for data analysis
- Data Management: 3 tutorials
- Data Structures: 4 tutorials
- Business Analysis and Database Design: 3 tutorials
- Problem Hypothesis: 3 tutorials
- Statistical Computing: 3 tutorials
- Optional Programming Languages: MS Excel, Python, SQL and VBA: 8 tutorials
- EMC: Data Science Associate: 5 day course
- Data Analysis Concepts test: 2 tutorials
- End Point Assessment Preparation: 3 tutorials
- End Point Assessment Project: 5 days to complete.
Work and assessment
Modules are completed by attending tutorials and completing projects, and many of the course resources are available on our Online Training Academy where you'll also be able to submit your work. Assessment is by assignment writing and project completion, plus an End Point Assessment.
End Point Assessment
This is an externally-assessed project and interview combined with a portfolio of best practice examples, to be completed by the end of the course. The project will be agreed with the employer and is likely to take five days to complete.
This course costs just £1,500 for non-levy paying employers, as the Government will fund £13,500 of the full £15,000 course fees for eligible staff. Large employers can fund the entire cost through the Apprenticeship Levy. The course includes EMC Data Science Certification, worth £5,000. Eligible staff are those who are employed for more than 16 hours a week and who have lived in the UK or European Union for the last three years.
Learners could progress onto a Level 5 qualification in management if they wanted to pursue a management role.